Before too long, 2014 will be over in Oklahoma, and it will be time to welcome the year 2015. Overall, the first half of 2014 was not very awe inspiring at all. For the most part, I did some Let’s Plays and Live Streams, worked my retail job at Best Buy, launched my very first contest at Christopher Eastman.com, and I finally launched Destroyer X Productions. Make no mistake, I enjoyed working on my Let’s Plays and running the Nintendo 3DS XL Contest, but I honestly thought that the beginning of 2014 wasn’t truly sensational.
However, the last half of 2014 was absolutely spectacular. Beyond doing my Let’s Plays and Live Streams, I attended Tokyo in Tulsa 2014: Worlds|Collide: The Undead vs. Mecha and also attended Wizard World Tulsa Comic Con. Both conventions were absolutely spectacular, and I am looking forward to attending both conventions in 2015. Additionally, to celebrate a lot of milestones, I launched The Great Anniversary Contest and gave away over $300 worth of prizes. Also, to catch up on bills, I started working an additional job (from August 2014 to November 2014, I worked at a debt collection agency, and from November 2014 to present, I am working as a contract-to-hire Help Desk Level I Technician for an IT outsourcing company).
Most importantly, I finally met and spent time with my adorable baby niece, and you have no idea how proud I am to be an uncle.
All and all, while I am working myself to death these days, 2014 has ended on a very positive note.
As for 2015, here are some things that I would like to strive for:
- Spend more time with my niece (this is my number one priority)
- Spend more time with friends, family, and loved ones
- Eliminate my credit card debt by early 2015 (the reason why I’m working two jobs to begin with)
- Work on getting my own apartment
- Continue to work on developing my IT career (including working on getting some certifications)
- Scale back or eliminate my involvement with Best Buy (unless I am able to get a corporate IT job at Best Buy)
- Work on more updates to Christopher Eastman.com
- Work on promoting Destroyer X Productions so I can obtain some clients
- Work on more Let’s Plays and Live Streams
- Continuing to work on becoming a better photographer
- Work on losing more weight
For the first time in a very long time, I feel like things in my life are finally starting to fall into place, and I have my friends, family, and loved ones to thank for supporting me throughout the years. I honestly cannot wait to see what the future will bring, and with such an amazing support system by my side, I know that the future will continue to shine brighter and brighter.
In closing, I hope everyone has a very safe New Year’s Eve, and I hope that everyone has a fantastic start to 2015.
See You Space Cowboy…